Date:      Wed, 5 Sep 2018 10:41:04 +0930
From:      "O'Connor, Daniel" <darius@dons.net.au>
To:        Robert Ames <robertames@hotmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-stable@freebsd.org" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Yubico Security Keys

> On 5 Sep 2018, at 08:33, Robert Ames <robertames@hotmail.com> wrote:
> FreeBSD sees the device:
>=20
> Sep  4 17:25:13 freebsd kernel: ugen1.4: <Yubico Security Key by =
Yubico> at usbus1
> Sep  4 17:25:13 freebsd kernel: uhid0 on uhub4
> Sep  4 17:25:13 freebsd kernel: uhid0: <Yubico Security Key by Yubico, =
class 0/0, rev 2.00/5.02, addr 4> on usbus1
>=20
> So should this just work out of the box or is there something I'm
> missing?

Hi Robert,
I don't have any Yubikeys but have you tried checking the permissions of =
/dev/uhid0* and /dev/ugen1.4 (which will be a symlink to usb/1.4.0) ?
You can chmod them for now and then if that works have a devd conf or =
devfs rule which sets the permissions appropriately when the device is =
connected.

If permissions are the problem it would be nice to see if the error =
message can be improved too :)

--
Daniel O'Connor
are so many of them to choose from."