Date:      Fri, 12 Dec 1997 08:25:44 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tim Moony <timm@uniqsite.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Define the mode bits for directory /etc/ppp

I am using ppp-971220 from the ~brian directory.  It runs fine if invoked
by root, but my users (group network users) can't run it.

I suspect the mode bits for /etc/ppp is not right.  But then again I am no
expert.  Take a look of the following:

ppp -direct mydirect

You may not use ppp in this mode with this label

The attributes for /etc and /etc/ppp are as follows:

dr-xr-x---  2 root  network     1024 Dec  7 19:09 ppp/
dr-xr-xr-x   8 root  wheel     2048 Dec  7 19:57 etc/

Am I doing it right or am I missing something here?

BTW, my "mydirect" entry in ppp.conf reads:

mydirect:
 set line /dev/cuaa2
 set sp 57600
 set ifaddr 206.14.149.40 206.14.149.33