Date:      Sat, 27 Jan 2001 18:31:47 -0500
From:      Chris Johnson <cjohnson@palomine.net>
To:        Mike Atkinson <mikea@kconline.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: more strange DNS issues in BIND and STABLE.

On Sat, Jan 27, 2001 at 01:09:34AM -0500, Mike Atkinson wrote:
> We've reverted to an earlier version of named which seems to have at least
> reduced the problem to an intermittent one instead of continuous failure to
> resolve (as far as Sendmail was concerned.)

One solution to all of these BIND problems that nobody has mentioned yet is to
use something other than BIND for DNS. I've been using Dan Bernstein's djbdns
with great success since its early alpha days. Like everything he writes (most
notably qmail), it's small, robust, and secure, and it just plain works.

http://cr.yp.to/djbdns.html

Chris