Date:      Wed, 16 Sep 1998 10:42:34 -0700
From:      Studded <Studded@dal.net>
To:        brian@wildwoodvet.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Wine status

brian@wildwoodvet.com wrote:

> I'm trying to get my wife to stop using M$ Windows.  I've found on
> the Wine website that most of applications my wife uses are
> running well enough under Wine.
>
> Wine however core dumps for me under -current, and checking the
> mailing list archives it looks like no one is actively supporting
> the Wine port.

	Short version, wine sucks. Longer version, wine sucks a lot. Basically,
the wine developers are extremely linux-centric, and have no interest in
moving towards a more cross-platform solution. If you don't need
networked applications, the bochs port is supposed to be very good,
although it takes a big investment in time and disk space to install.

Hope this helps,

Doug