Date:      Sun, 19 Dec 1999 21:07:08 -0600
From:      John Estess <jestess@wcnet.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd-stable wannabe tester

>   Well, you should look at the handbook in regards to keeping your system
> up to date.  It is always the best place to start.

I'm sure my mail header read 3.4-stable :-)

>   If you just want to stable itself, cvsup, do a "make world", and then
> make a new kernel.  BTW, stable is much more than a new kernel.

I know. Poor terminology on my part.

>   If you want to test installation of stable, there are places you can
> download install snapshots.

I have a 26400 bps connection to the world. No kidding. I can CVSup, but
downloading images is not an option in my current environment.

I CVSup and make world every week (boredom, I guess), so I'll be glad to
increase the frequency and provide feedback.

Why does "Reply" send back to the address of the person and not the
mailing list?

      _/ _/_/_/   || John Estess
 _/  _/ _/_/      || jestess@wcnet.net
_/_/_/ _/_/_/     || C- FAQ: http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/top.html