Date:      Tue, 21 Sep 1999 22:13:06 -0600
From:      Damien Tougas <dtougas@converging.net>
To:        Mike Renard <m-renard@telebot.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: boot manager and multiple hard drives

One way that I have booted to different drives is just to select which
boot device is to be booted in the BIOS (provided that your BIOS supports
booting from multiple drives). This has enabled me to do a normal
installation of FreeBSD without having to worry about boot managers.

> I've been trying to install FreeBSD 3.2 on my system for a while and I'm
> having problems with the boot manager.  My primary hard drive is a 2.1 gig
> windows drive, but i want to install freebsd on a 500mb hd that is my
> secondary ide slave.  The installation seems to work fine, but when the boot
> manager comes up, if i select freebsd it gives me the error "invalid
> partition" because i believe it's trying to mount my windows drive.  I'd
> appreciate any help anyone could give me on how to install/configure the
> boot manager so that it will work with my drive set-up.
>
> Mike Renard

Damien Tougas
Converging Technology Solutions, Inc.
Phone: (780)469-1679