Date:      Wed, 08 Mar 2000 14:00:41 -0700
From:      Chris Fedde <chris@fedde.littleton.co.us>
To:        "Nick LoPresti" <nick@chromatix.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HELP!!! ee hangs after terminating terminal

"Nick LoPresti" writes:
 +---------------
 | Hey, this is a repost of a question that received no replies.  If no one
 | replies this time I will assume that nobody knows???
 |
 | ================================================
 |
 | Nick
 | nick@chromatix.com

 +---------------

I confirmed that this does happen and did a ktrace on the stale process.  It
looks like ee sets up to ignore all signals and errors on IO devices then
goes into a tight io loop.
I looked at the code and tried a couple shallow changes like restoring
SIG_DFL for SIGHUP, SIGTERM and SIGINT in main() but that did not
work.  The man page shows that ee has not been worked on since 95.

I'd recommend moving network users away from ee and onto something else.
I like vi and emacs. but others might have a different opinion.

chris
__
Chris Fedde	  <chris@fedde.littleton.co.us>
303 773 9134