Date:      Thu, 3 Nov 2022 20:48:15 -0700
From:      Gleb Smirnoff <glebius@freebsd.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Cc:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   trpt(8) to be decomissioned

  Hi,

trpt(8) is utility to pull TCP debugging data from the kernel
in 4.2BSD. We still have it in the base, with corresponding
TCPDEBUG option in the kernel and SO_DEBUG socket option.

At the same time we have much more powerful debugging facilities
for TCP, e.g. the Dtrace probing, the TCP black box logging and
siftr.  These are the tools that modern developers use.

Already touched this topic with rscheff@, tuexen@, rrs@ and jtl@.
None of them new what trpt(8) is :) Looks like a good justification
to me.

--
Gleb Smirnoff