Date:      Tue, 23 Mar 2004 20:23:22 +0100 (CET)
From:      "C. Kukulies" <kuku@www.kukulies.org>
To:        java@freebsd.org
Subject:   jdk14 build probs

Hi,
I got a bit further building the jdk14 (as I understand this
is the native FreeBSD Sun-jdk14 prot, right?)

It looks like it is also requiring j2sdk-1_4_2_02-linux-i586.bin.
I fetched this also, got firther but then get told that this
JVM is unstable and I should add some linuxprocfs stuff in
my fstab etc etc.

Finally the port build dies with not finding
ERROR: JAVAWS_BOOTDIR does not point to a valid Java 2 SDK
       Check that you have access to
           /usr/local/linux-sun-jdk1.4.2_02/bin/java
       and/or check your value of ALT_JAVAWS_BOOTDIR.

ERROR: BOOTDIR does not point to a valid Java 2 SDK
       Check that you have access to
           /usr/local/linux-sun-jdk1.4.2_02/bin/java
       and/or check your value of ALT_BOOTDIR.

Exiting because of the above error(s).

gmake: *** [post-sanity] Error 1
*** Error code 2

I'm puzzled. Is this a hen-egg problem? Do I need the
'unstable' JVM to build the stable native port or how do I
have to understand this?

--
Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kuku_at_physik.rwth-aachen.de