Date:      Sat, 10 Sep 2022 10:20:19 +0200
From:      Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cyrus sieve authentication

On 9/9/22 22:51, Janos Dohanics wrote:
> Hello,

Hello.

> # telnet localhost sieve
> "SASL" "PLAIN"

That's what I get too (and it works for me).

> The example on the Cyrus web site shows:
>
> [...]
> Escape character is '^]'.
> "IMPLEMENTATION" "Cyrus timsieved v1.1.0"

1.1.0???
Guess it's a very old example!

> "SASL" "ANONYMOUS PLAIN KERBEROS_V4 GSSAPI"

I don't have "KERBEROS_V4 GSSAPI", yet I authenticate against Samba AD
in some setups.

> Someone on the Cyrus mailing list suggested that KERBEROS_V4 and GSSAPI
> are required for sieve authentication.
>
> Is that correct?

Don't know.
Given the options we have (GSSAPI_HEIMDAL, GSSAPI_MIT, GSSAPI_BASE), I
think you'd need to disable all of them, in order to compile *without*
Kerberos and GSSAPI (and I don't know if that's possible).

 > If so, what compile options should I choose?

I use GSSAPI_BASE (as you do).

> Please advise.

Does sieveshell work? What error message do you get?
Nothing in the logs?
What backend are you trying to authenticate to?

  bye
	av.