Date:      Thu, 9 Mar 2000 07:38:54 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@narnia.plutotech.com>
To:        mkes@ra.rockwell.com
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Adaptec AIC 7892 not detected in 3.x

In article <OF29C2C1C7.60504A73-ONC125689D.002F8A4E@cle.ra.rockwell.com> you wrote:
>  I have new HP Kayak XU800 with onboard Adaptec AIC 7892 (that's what BIOS
> says) which should be supported (ahc0) in FreeBSD.
> If I try to install 3.4 from the CDROM the controller is not detected.
> The SCSI controller itself seems to be OK (running Win NT without
> problems).

U160 support has not been ported back to the -stable branch yet.  This
is why your controller is not probed by the 3.4 release.

> The 3.4 has the AIC 7892  on the compatibility list  - I would be happy to
> use it on that machine.

If the supported hardware list for 3.4 includes the 7892, it is in error.
I seem to recall updating the hardware list to add in the 7892/7899 in
the -current version of that file, so I'm surprised that the -stable
version makes any mention of those controllers at all.

--
Justin