Date:      Mon, 20 May 1996 11:37:52 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      Sergey Stepanenko <sns@viaduk.net>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@freefall.freebsd.org>
Cc:        John Clark <jrclark@felix.iupui.edu>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3Com Support? -- NOT

On Sun, 19 May 1996, Jonathan M. Bresler wrote:

> Date: Sun, 19 May 1996 12:47:42 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Jonathan M. Bresler <jmb@freefall.freebsd.org>
> To: John Clark <jrclark@felix.iupui.edu>
> Cc: questions@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: Re: 3Com Support? -- NOT
>
> John Clark wrote:
> >
> > FreeBSD Group,
> >
> > I was hoping someone could help me with my 3c509 woes.  I have read many
> > many questions about the 3c509 card, with no good answers for my problem.
> > The largest source of problems seems to be those who are having irq trouble.
> > This is not my trouble as I have reconfigured, and recompiled at irq's 5, 7,
> > and 10 (orig) with no joy.
>
> 	i have a 3com 3C509 and have used it for a couple years now.
> 	what can i do to help you?
>
> 	if you are using 10baseT, please remember to add -link2 to
> 	the ifconfig line for ep0.
>
> 	how about sending me your kernel config file and the output
> 	of dmesg.

Looks like I'll be able to get sources of 3Com drivers for free from 3Com
(I hope!).
For FreeBSD of course. They should reply after 3rd june.
So there will be an opportunity to port these sources to FreeBSD.
And it might help to provide good support for 3Com cards.

WB

              Sergey Stepanenko  - System/Network Administrator
              Technical Director      -     Viaduk-Telecom, Inc
              10 Sagaidachnogo St.,   254070   Kiev,    Ukraine
              tel. +38 (044) 4168267 tel./fax +38 (044) 4625090
              hostmaster@viaduk.net      -       sns@viaduk.net