Date:      Tue, 1 Mar 2011 14:49:29 +0530
From:      Saurav Dasgupta <saurav.dasgupta@aricent.com>
To:        "freebsd-net@freebsd.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   TCP Buffer window size is not getting updated

Hi,

We are facing the issue with TCP connection buffer size.

TCP session is up. By default the rx buffer window size is 64k.Traffic flow=
 is fine. When the buffer size is increased while connection is up, rx buff=
er window size is updated automatically with the new value.
But if we decrease the buffer size below the default value i.e. 64k, window=
 size is not getting updated. To get it updated, we need to prune the conne=
ction and setup with the new value(which is lesser than the default window =
size).

Is this a expected behavior in FreeBSD IP stack. Currently we are using Fre=
eBSD v7.2.

Thanks and Regards,
Saurav

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Aricent and is intended solely =
for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privi=
leged or confidential information and should not be circulated or used for =
any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received this m=
essage in error, please notify the originator immediately. If you are not t=
he intended recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited fr=
om using, copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. Ar=
icent accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of =
the information transmitted by this email including damage from virus."