Date:      Tue, 28 Aug 2012 19:47:05 -0400
From:      Andrew Young <ayoung@mosaicarchive.com>
To:        Josh Paetzel <josh@tcbug.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Support for Fusion IO drives?

Thanks for the great feedback Josh! The optimum size for an ssd zil device w=
as still an open question for us. I'm really glad to hear that they don't ne=
ed to be that big.

What does zfs do with the zil if there is no dedicated zil device? Our serve=
rs consist of a small sata drive that holds the OS and a boatload of larger d=
rives on a sas bus. What I'm wondering is if I simply replace the OS disk wi=
th an ssd will I get the same performance boost as if I added a dedicated ss=
d zil?=20

Thanks!
Andy