Date:      Mon, 7 Jan 2002 05:27:12 +1100 (EST)
From:      "Daeron" <daeron@fandom.net>
To:        will@csociety.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: aalib

 YEP, YOU"RE RIGHT :-)
> It's an autoconf+automake problem.  Remove autoconf 2.52 and
> automake 1.5 from your system and it should work.  I am working
> to resolve this issue for all ports before 4.5-RELEASE, so
> please hold your hats.
 I just ran it using autoconf213 -
  And it's compiled & installed first time, no problems :-) :-) :-)
   Thank goodness for having both autoconf & autoconf213 installed :-)

  I'm not sure what the previous "offical" means has been to use
autoconf213 has been, I guess maybe creating a patch to change all the
autoconf to autoconf213 calls?
  -- my quick & extreme dirty means was to create a /usr/local/old/
directory and make sym-links in it from a autoconf etc. to autoconf213 etc.
 And then prefix that to the path of just the session that's compiling the
port. Whoopy , now I can compile & install kdeaddons & Gimp.