Date:      Wed, 07 Apr 2004 12:45:51 -0500
From:      Nikolas Britton <freebsd@nbritton.org>
To:        "P.V." <pv_nair@hotmail.com>, freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Analog Devices integrated audio card problem

P.V. wrote:

>I'm not using it as a server. I got a really good deal on it and I wanted a
>new FreeBSD machine. Everything works well except for sound. The interesting
>thing is, FreeSBIE the FreeBSD live CD works excellent with my
>machine...sound and all. I tried to load everything they load, but still no
>sound.

FreeSBIE-1.0 is based on FreeBSD 5.2.1, Try upgrading? 5.1 is rather old
and buggy anyways... I'm running 5.2.1 on all my new installs and it's
quite nice. The only way I can get the kernel to panic is when I run
"sysctl hw.snd.maxautovchans=n" with only the pcm kld loaded.

One of these days I might even get around to sending in the backtrace. :-)
anyone need this btw? I can put it higher on my todo list