Date:      Tue, 10 Feb 2004 08:25:09 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dino Vliet <dino_vliet@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   proxy problems when updating ports

I can't use the cvsup method of updating my ports
collection because I'm behind a proxy server and no
matter what I try (like putting HTTP_PROXY = my.proxy
in my environment as superuser and rerunning cvsup),
my system can't seem to connect.....

Is there another way of obtaining the same?

In the handbook, you could use /stand/sysinstall. But
if I do that, what files under /usr/ports do I have to
backup (like /usr/ports/distfile for instance..)
Will that work? If I just use /stand/sysinstall to
copy the whole ports collection again (I then use the
http proxy as installation medium...)

Brgds
Dino