Date:      Wed, 20 Jan 1999 09:10:48 -0600
From:      Bill Hamilton <billh@finsco.com>
To:        Peihan Wang <peihanw@mx.cei.gov.cn>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: howto prevent password from been changed?

How about putting a dummy passwd program in their path, ahead of
/sbin/passwd?
Give them execute permission but no write permission on it.
The program could just exit or log a message for YOU and tell them that
they
are stepping into deep doo-doo and then exit.
Of course, they could still type /sbin/passwd, or wherever it is (oops).