Date:      Sat, 12 Oct 1996 08:40:42 -0400
From:      "Gary Chrysler" <tcg@ime.net>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Connecting to a Portmaster.

Ok, Anyone got any suggestions for connecting FreeBSD to a
Portmaster 2e??

Got a Portmaster sitting about 15 feet from my 2.1.5-r box thats
being fed from a 56 (soon to be T1) via a AdTron DSU.
Currently it is a bit on the overloaded side (17 USR 28.8's) but
since most of the users are IRC'ers it's not a problem yet.

Can a ppp link just be setup via a serial line to the port master.
Does the line have to be 2~3 flipped. (NULL Modem)

I know very little about the portmaster, It just went up yesterday and
unfortunally dosn't belong to me.. :(

Thanks.

-Enjoy
Gary
Improve America's Knowledge... Share yours
The Borg... Where minds meet
(207) 929-3848