Date:      Wed, 20 Jun 2012 00:07:48 +0300
From:      Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>
To:        sbruno@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@FreeBSD.org, Sean Bruno <seanbru@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject:   Re: [CFT] Sparse Cstate Support -- Its possible, that I don't know what I'm doing.

on 19/06/2012 19:02 Sean Bruno said the following:
> The first impact of this behavior is to list C3 as C2 in the list of
> Cstates when you retrieve the cx_supported sysctls for the cpus.

I do not think that this is a real problem.  A cosmetic one - most likely.

> The
> second impact is that the power_profile script never drops to a valid
> Cstate when you set the economy_lowest variable in rc.conf.

Could you please explain if this somehow follows from your first observation and
how?
If not, could you please share your finding on what exactly causes this to happen?

Also, are we talking about a laptop here?  Namely, judging from the reference to
'economy_lowest', are AC state changes in play?

--
Andriy Gapon