Date:      Fri, 07 May 1999 11:48:27 -0700
From:      Darryl Okahata <darrylo@sr.hp.com>
To:        Karl Denninger <karl@Denninger.Net>
Cc:        mjacob@feral.com, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Question - Onstream SCSI Streamer

Karl Denninger <karl@Denninger.Net> wrote:

> The Onstreams are also about as fast as a DLT 4000 (but not as fast as the
> DLT 7000) in terms of raw I/O bitrate, and their media is less expensive.

     Under Windows 98, I see an average of 50-60MB/minute with the
OnStream drive.  The drive has peaked higher, but the average for me is
50-60MB/min.  Not bad, but not great, either.

     This is with *no* compression, BTW.  The PC is a 400MHz Celeron
using an NCR 815 SCSI adapter.

--
	Darryl Okahata
	darrylo@sr.hp.com

constitute the support, opinion, or policy of Hewlett-Packard, or of the
little green men that have been following him all day.