Date:      Tue, 23 Jul 2002 10:46:35 +0100
From:      Daniel Bye <dan@slightlystrange.org>
Subject:   Re: Install Ports

On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 12:27:27AM -0400, Christopher J. Umina wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 	I was just wondering if there were any way to install every port
> in a given ports directory.  For instance I want to install all of the
> things in the /usr/ports/Perl5 directory without doing a huge thing in
> sysinstall.  Is there a better way?

It goes something like this:

$ su
# cd /usr/ports/perl5
# make all install clean

/usr/ports and each subdirectory immediately under it has its own Makefile,
enabling you to simply install whole chunks of the ports collection with
one command.  You could equally, for example, "cd /usr/ports; make all
install clean" and build the whole shebang.

Dan

--
Daniel Bye

PGP Key fingerprint: 3D73 AF47 D448 C5CA 88B4 0DCF 849C 1C33 3C48 2CDC
                                                                     _
                                              ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
                                         - against HTML, vCards and  X
                                - proprietary attachments in e-mail / \