Date:      Tue, 20 May 1997 08:38:35 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Eivind Eklund <perhaps@yes.no>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        perhaps@yes.no, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Perl 5.004

> In message <199705192025.WAA14168@bitbox.follo.net> Eivind Eklund writes:
> : Is anybody doing a port of this?
>
> I thought the consensus was slowly building for putting this in
> /usr/src/contrib/perl ...

I believed this was for 3.0 (and possibly later versions of 2.2)?
Many web sites need to run 5.00393 or higher _now_, to be able to use
mod_perl for Apache.  I'm trying to convince people to use
ports/packages instead of installing by hand; it gets difficult when
people don't get the software they need.

And upgrading the port to 5.0093 seems pointless.

(Besides, I know at least one case of people wanting it for 2.1.x too...)

> Warner "Now where did that asbestos underwear get off to" Losh

:-)

Eivind.