Date:      Wed, 31 Mar 1999 15:36:10 -0800
From:      Ludwig Pummer <ludwigp@bigfoot.com>
To:        "T.J. Arrowsmith" <tarrowsmith@amicapital.com>, "Alain G. Fabry" <fabry@coserve.org>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Your terminal, of type "ansi", is lacking functions needed to run pine

Or if you have a retarded telnet client (like the one that comes with Win95
or Win98), after you telnet in, do "TERM=vt100" for sh, or "setenv TERM
vt100" for csh. I suggest getting HyperTerminal 3 or 4, which let you
specify the terminal type to send when telnetting.

--Ludwig Pummer ( ludwigp@bigfoot.com ) ICQ UIN: 692441