Date:      Tue, 21 Mar 1995 03:33:59 -0500 (EST)
From:      Denis Fortin <fortin@zap.zap.qc.ca>
To:        captain@pubnix.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org, gated-alpha@gated.cornell.edu
Subject:   Re: Gated is crashing my system!

> I'm having some problems with gated R3_5Alpha9 on a FreeBSD 2.0 system.
> After operating correctly for some time (1-2 hours), the system crashes
> after gated tries to remove a route from the kernel when one of the slip
> lines shuts down.

I believe that this is exactly the same problem I've been having with
gated on poterne.mtl.dmr.ca!  The kernel crashes in ip_setmoptions()
from netinet/ip_output.c...

I think Garrett Wollman has a fix for netinet/ip_output.c, but I
haven't had time to try it out yet...  Maybe you could give it a spin?
--
Denis Fortin                                                    fortin@acm.org
DMR Group Inc, (514) 877-3301                        These opinions are my own