Date:      Fri, 22 Jan 1999 12:22:26 +0800
From:      Ying-Chieh Liao <ijliao@dragon2.net>
To:        Tim <root@scratch.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PNP and new bootloader with ELF kernel

On Thu, Jan 21, 1999 at 23:03:45 +0000, Tim wrote:
> How do I set up the CSN now as I get CSN 1 disabled and CSN 2 disabled
> on boot.

you can put this pnp information in /kernel.config
and, in your /boot/boot.conf, put

load /kernel
load -t userconfig_script /kernel.config
boot

this works fine on my box

> Also I would like to remove the previous boot screen and boot straight
> into the new bootloader, so can a dos partition be configured to boot
> from the new bootloader

just execute the following command :

disklabel -B -b /boot/boot1 -s /boot/boot2 <slice>

<slice> is which you boot from
ex :

disklabel -B -b /boot/boot1 -s /boot/boot2 wd0s1

--
mailto:ijliao@dragon2.net?subject="send pgp key" to get my pgp public key
key finger print : FA 38 7E 91 FA 22 FA F6  63 04 E3 B5 A1 9F 0C CD