Date:      Fri, 31 Jan 1997 00:05:53 -0500 (EST)
From:      Larry Marso <lsmarso@panix.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
Subject:   Re: imake error in /usr/ports compiling

Yes, mine's in the same place, too.  And it's absolutely in my path.
>Mine's in
>
>/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config/Imake.tmpl

Now, I added symbolic links to *every* file in the
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config/ directory into my /usr/ports/graphics/
xfig/make/xfig* directory.  **Now it compiles like a charm**.

I log in as larry, there's /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config/ in my larry .zshrc
file.  When I su to root, it still seems to be ther, when I type env.  I
also tried adding it to the path in /root/.profile.  No difference.

Any idea where I need to make a change in my configuration?

Best regards.  And thanks.

On 29-Jan-97 Doug White wrote:
>On Wed, 29 Jan 1997, Larry Marso wrote:
>
>> I followed your suggestion and reeinstalled the x32prog distribution.
>> Unfortunately I still get the following problem.
>>
>> Any other ideas?  I really appreciate your help.
>>
>> # make install
>> ===>  Extracting for xfig-3.1.4
>> ===>  xfig-3.1.4 depends on shared library: Xpm\.4\. - found
>> ===>  xfig-3.1.4 depends on shared library: jpeg\.7\. - found
>> ===>  Patching for xfig-3.1.4
>> ===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for xfig-3.1.4
>> ===>  Configuring for xfig-3.1.4
>> Imakefile.c:3: Imake.tmpl: No such file or directory
>> imake: Exit code 33.  Stop.
>> make: don't know how to make Makefiles. Stop
>
>Mine's in
>
>/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config/Imake.tmpl
>
>You might try copying it to the port's directory.  It may not be looking
>in the right place.
>
>Doug White                              | University of Oregon
>Internet:  dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu    | Residence Networking Assistant
>http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~dwhite    | Computer Science Major

Regards.
Larry Marso <lsmarso@panix.com>