Date:      Thu, 20 Jul 2017 21:54:22 +0530
From:      Aijaz Baig <aijazbaig1@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   replace base KGDB with latest version

As of now I have installed the latest version of gdb via the package
manager (7.9.1). The binary gets installed as /usr/local/bin/gdb which is
apparently a symlink to /usr/local/bin/gdb791. The version which comes with
the system is at /usr/bin/gdb which is an older version (v6.1.1).

I have modified my path to have /usr/local/bin precede /usr/bin such that
typing GDB on the prompt opens the latest version.

However KGDB still refers to the older version of GDB. Is there a way to
make KGDB refer to the newer version? Or do I have to remove it altogether
and build it myself from the ports?

I just want KGDB to refer to the newer version of GDB that I have on my
system

--

Best Regards,
Aijaz Baig