Date:      Mon, 30 Aug 2010 20:24:13 -0400
From:      jhell <jhell@DataIX.net>
To:        maho@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: math/blas linking to gfortran with LDADD?= -lgfortran

On 08/30/2010 19:41, jhell wrote:

> The subject listed port fails to link during an upgrade from the
> previous version. Looking into this further libblas.so.2 without being
> linked to gfortran is correct as in the already installed previous
> version installed inspected with ldd(1) shows the same linking as the
> new version without the -lgfortran linker flags.
>
> Attached is the patch that solves the linking problem. I do not see any
> dependents listed for this port for any of the gcc* ports that can be
> installed so therefore I have removed the -lgfortran from LDADD.
>
> $FreeBSD: ports/math/blas/Makefile,v 1.47 2010/08/30 07:26:27 bf Exp $

It also appears that recent changes in math/lapack make blind
assumptions that the user wants to compile these with ???PROFILING??? why?

.if !(defined(NOPROFILE) || defined(NO_PROFILE) || defined(WITHOUT_PROFILE))

Would this not be better with if (defined(WITH_PROFILE)) ?? But then
again this port also breaks so I guess I do not have to worry about
blind assumptions here.

--

 jhell,v