Date:      Tue, 08 Jun 2021 23:18:12 +0200
From:      Adriaan de Groot <adridg@freebsd.org>
To:        kde@freebsd.org, freebsd-desktop@freebsd.org
Cc:        Rafael Sadowski <rafael@sizeofvoid.org>
Subject:   Qt6 on the BSDs  -- BoF at Akademy

--nextPart15170859.TiefKef4TY
From: Adriaan de Groot <adridg@freebsd.org>
To: kde@freebsd.org, freebsd-desktop@freebsd.org
Cc: Rafael Sadowski <rafael@sizeofvoid.org>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2021 23:18:12 +0200

Hi! I've arbitrarily scheduled a Qt6 BoF (birds of-a feather : a group of
people with common interests) for the BSDs at Akademy. It's listed here:

https://community.kde.org/Akademy/2021/Thursday#Room_02_-_24th_June

June 24, 1600 UTC (1800 local time for me, so I'm skipping dinner)

The BoF will happen on KDE's Big Blue Button, so it's a video call with shared
whiteboard and notes and chat; no webcam required though. All are welcome. I
think the basic idea is:

- FreeBSD, let's hit the last few segfaults on the head and land this thing
- all, what about QFileSystemWatcher

I'm sending this to the relevant FreeBSD lists and my point-of-contact at
OpenBSD (which has Qt6 in their ports already).  I don't know of anyone over
at NetBSD -- feel free to forward.

Questions about the BoF should go to me, but preferably to kde@freebsd.org so
we have a shared understanding of what we'll do (the plan is *totally*
malleable right now; maybe I just want an excuse to drink tea with more BSD
folk).

[ade]