Date:      Tue, 20 Jun 1995 19:03:45 -0400
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@clark.net>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is FreeBSD really free?

I'd be interested in putting time/resources into the documentation
project -- what is there that needs doing ;).  Keep in mind I'm running
FreeBSD currently off of a really minimal platform (386sx20, 4 megs of
ram, but with X ;).  You can contact me at rwatson@sidwell.edu, or
rwatson@clark.net.

Thanks for a great product..

In article <JKH.95Jun20140031@whisker.internet-eireann.ie> you wrote:
:   It is ture that the binary and source code of FreeBSD is free from the
:   Internet, but what about documentation?  There is no complete manual,
:   tutorial, etc. that can be found in the Net, and the developer of FreeBSD
:   recommends a book that is sold commercially.

: We're working on such documentation, believe me.  It's just not easy
: to make progress in this area quite so fast as Linux has, given that
: we've haven't got a user base anywhere near as large.

: Anyone interested in _helping_ this happen should send mail to
: doc@freebsd.org and see how they can assist the FreeBSD Doc Project;
: there are all kinds of things that need doing!  For a glimpse of our
: current progress, see also http://www.freebsd.org.

: We're a volunteer organization, remember, and it's far more
: constructive to pitch in and help than to comment on the lack of some
: feature and expect someone else to volunteer in your place.  John
: Fieber, the head of the doc project, is doing a great job but he can't
: do it all alone!

: 					Jordan

--
Robert Watson   rwatson@sidwell.edu   http://www.sidwell.edu/~rwatson/
The goal of science is to build better mousetraps.  The goal of nature