Date:      Mon, 29 Jul 2013 17:56:49 -0700
From:      Sean Bruno <sean_bruno@yahoo.com>
To:        "freebsd-net@freebsd.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: bce(4) panics, 9.2rc1 [redux]

--=-ZFSV4KZi06+7wWlwIUe0

On Wed, 2013-07-24 at 14:07 -0700, Sean Bruno wrote:=20
> Running 9.2 in production load mail servers.  We're hitting the
> "watchdog" message and crashing with the stable/9 version.  We're
> reverting the change from 2 weeks ago and seeing if it still happens.
> We didn't see this from stable/9 from about a month ago.
>=20
>=20
> Sean

Not seeing any changes to core dumps, or crashes after updating the
bce(4) interface on these Dell R410s.  IPMI was a definite false hope.
No changes noted after I modified the ipmi_attach code.

stable/7 works just fine and stable/9 fails with "NMI" erros on the
console very badly.  It fails so badly that it won't come into service
at all.  I've reverted stable/9 back to august of 2012 with no changes.

It sort of looks like r236216 is causing severe issues with my
configuration.  The Dell R410 has a 3rd ethernet interface for the BMC
only, not sure if that is meaningful in this context.

The 3rd interface is *not* visible from the o/s and is dedicated to the
BMC interface.

Doing more testing at this time to validate.

Sean

http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=3Drevision&revision=3D236216

--=-ZFSV4KZi06+7wWlwIUe0

--=-ZFSV4KZi06+7wWlwIUe0--