Date:      Sun, 21 Nov 1999 07:43:08 -0800
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
Cc:        Steven Fletcher <flec@flec.co.uk>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Onboard Intel Lan

>On Sun, 21 Nov 1999, Steven Fletcher wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 21 Nov 1999 09:52:50 +0000 (GMT), you wrote:
>>
>>>I am thinking that I might buy one.
>>
>>I've used quite a few motherboards with on-board network cards, and
>>although I haven't used the model that you mention above yet, all others
>>have worked fine for me as in a 'normal' configuration.
>
>Thanks. Nobody has said anything bad so I just may go for it.

   I'm not aware of any onboard 82559 NICs that don't work correctly with
FreeBSD. I've personally tested and used those on several different models
of Tyan motherboards (including the predecessor [S1836DLUAN] to the one you
asked about), and haven't seen any problems.

-DG

David Greenman
Co-founder/Principal Architect, The FreeBSD Project - http://www.freebsd.org
Creator of high-performance Internet servers - http://www.terasolutions.com
Pave the road of life with opportunities.