Date:      Mon, 26 Jun 1995 09:59:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        jmb@kryten.Atinc.COM (Jonathan M. Bresler)
Cc:        FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.Org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/share/FAQ/extras stable-supfile

> On Mon, 26 Jun 1995, Rodney W. Grimes wrote:
>

> > Now on to create a few new mailling lists (or do I hand that over to
> > jmb???).
>
> 	i'll take care of it ;)
>
> 	what's the name of the new list, and is there an initial list of
> subscribers and do you have an info file about the list....just a few
> lines to explain to people what its about.   they can get this
> information with the majordomo 'info' command.

It should be just one mailling lists now that I think about it,
FreeBSD-stable (just like FreeBSD-current).

The ``info'' should be very similiar to -current, only reworded to
say this is for the -stable sup bits that we now support and this
set of bits is always relative or built upon the last production
``RELEASE'' of freebsd with only critical bug fixes and such going
into it.
It is a step in grade between running the last release, and running
-current or snap shot systems.

Initial subscribes must at least be the release engineering team,
which is ``jhk, davidg, rgrimes'', we all have local mail forwards
on freefall so that should do it.

Thank you very much,