Date:      Fri, 9 Dec 2011 22:18:48 +0100
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports ML <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: again, ports that stop daemons

--3yNHWXBV/QO9xKNm

On Sat, Dec 03, 2011 at 01:09:09AM +0200, Andriy Gapon wrote:
> on 02/12/2011 21:55 Baptiste Daroussin said the following:

> >> I prefer this suggestion.
> >=20
> > I also would prefer this.
>=20
>=20
> BTW, this part of my suggestion was inspired by the following:
> http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Zypper_usage_11.3#Check_processes
>=20
> Not sure how that feature is implemented though.
>=20
FYI, since a few minutes, pkgng handle rc scripts, disabled by default beca=
use I
still consider this feature dangerous.
to activate it is:
HANDLE_RC_SCRIPTS=3Dyes in pkg.conf

In the future I want to allow the users  to add a list of globbing to be ab=
le to blacklist some of the packages where users don't want to see the scri=
pts handled.

BTW this is automatic, no need to have the ports tree handle it.

regards,
Bapt

--3yNHWXBV/QO9xKNm

--3yNHWXBV/QO9xKNm--