Date:      Mon, 06 Jul 1998 11:43:25 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        "Nguyen HM (Mike)" <NguyenHM@ucarb.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: zzz command doesn't put computer to sleep

In message <332F90115D96D0119CD500805FEA976B017A5D04@HSCMS01> "Nguyen HM (Mike)" writes:
: resumed from suspended mode (slept 00:00:01)

Hmmm, there are two possibilites that I can think of.  One is that
your MoBo supports wake up on ring and either a call is coming into
your modem, or the modem connector is improperly wired so RI appears
to always be on.

The other possibility is that your MoBO supports suspend resume from
timer, in which case it might have a fairly common (it seems) bug that
if you suspend after the timer expires, it wakes back up right away.

I suppose there are other things that might cause this too.  Some PCI
cards have, I think, a pin that can cause them to wakeup the host
system.  Maybe your MoBo supports this and one of your PCI cards
improperly implements this feature.

Could also be that your MoBo only supports the "Standby" state rather
than the "Hibernate" state and is getting an interrupt which wakes
things back up.  I've seen this behavior, kinda, in some testing that
I've done on my Libretto to make "Standby" work.

Wanna be a guinee Pig for my latest stuff.  You'll need -current to
run it, however.

Warner