Date:      Sat, 12 Aug 1995 13:28:25 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        vince@penzance.econ.yale.edu (-Vince-)
Cc:        gary@palmer.demon.co.uk, msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, john@zyqad.co.uk, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Upgrade to my machine

> On Sat, 12 Aug 1995, Gary Palmer wrote:
>
> > In message <Pine.LNX.3.91.950812133650.9552d-100000@penzance.econ.yale.edu>, -V
> > ince- writes:
> > >	I forgot who mentioned on the list that 4 GB was the limit.  What
> > >brand is the 9GB SCSI on news.cdrom.com?
> >
> > Sorry? They're lying/mistaken. It used to be a 2GB limit (not 4 - they
> > were unsigned ints), but that restriction vanished quite a while ago
> > (somewhere between 2.0 and 2.0.5). AFAIR, it's now 1TB.
>
> 	Oh okay, then that wouldn't be a problem to use a 9GB drive.
>
> > And the drive is a Micropolis 1991.
>
> 	Hmmm, are they pretty good and quiet of a drive or would I be
> better off with a Seageate or Quantum (If they make one)?

_The_ 9G drive to have is the Micropolis 1991.  Quantum does not
make a drive in this capacity (or didn't as of my last product brief
update 4 weeks ago) and I wouldn't trust 9G of data to Seagates version
of the 9G drive.  [About the only Seagate I will even sell right now is
the Hawk series as it has shown to be one of Seagates good drive lines]