Date:      Tue, 30 Nov 2004 10:42:47 -0600
From:      Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NVidia driver not using AGP?

--nextPart3274709.l01l6H58NK

On Tuesday 30 November 2004 10:27, Kenneth Culver wrote:

> This is almost exactly what I did to use nvidia's agp, yet it still won't
> work on any of the machine's I've tried it with.

Likewise here.  I've built custom kernels without agp so that I could try=20
the nvidia AGPGART, and I've tried using FreeBSD's AGP driver with=20
x11/nvidia-driver compiled with the appropriate settings.  No matter what=20
combination I try, I end up with

    hw.nvidia.agp.status.status: disabled

=46rom looking at the agp(4) man page, I don't think FreeBSD's drivers supp=
ort=20
my KT133 chipset at all, so I'm not terribly surprised that agp.ko wouldn't=
=20
work on my system.  I'm pretty disappointed that nvidia's own drivers don't=
=20
seem to be working, either.
=2D-=20
Kirk Strauser