Date:      Fri, 13 Nov 1998 16:03:27 -0700 (MST)
From:      "David G. Andersen" <danderse@cs.utah.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        sclawson@cs.utah.edu, mike@fast.cs.utah.edu, danderse@cs.utah.edu
Subject:   nfs intr hang and mount options

It seems possible that the problem is related to the handling of
the 'intr' flag on NFS mounted filesystems;  the filesystem where
we replicate the crash is mounted with:

   rw, overlay, intr, bg, quotas, grpid, vers=2

(overlay is a solaris thing).

If we mount the filesystem with a diffent set of options:

  rw, grpid, resvport, nfsv2, nosuid, nodev

then we can't replicate the problem.  Not too surprising, since
the problem is triggered by a SIGINTR, but probably a reasonable
datapoint to watch.

   -dave