Date:      Sun, 24 Nov 1996 09:02:12 -0700 (MST)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@spinner.dialix.com>
Cc:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: state of current smp kernel..

> After Steve's bit of detective work, the smp kernel compiles and runs for
> me again, even with the distributed syscons.c etc.
>
> I don't know why syscons is causing problems for some people, but it's
> working perfectly here (I'm running it in smp right now).

It works on some systems, and is broken on others.  Before I brought the
code into 2.2 I tested it on 3 boxes and it worked on all of them, but
apparently there is enough different hardware that it's broken others.

(Including boxes w/out PS/2 mice, although all of the HW I tested it on
have PS/2 mice, maybe that's a data point.)

Nate