Date:      Thu, 30 Apr 1998 01:33:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Nicole <freelist@webweaver.net>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, Rodrigo Ormonde <ormonde@trem.cnt.org.br>
Subject:   Re: 3Com 3C905 with FreeBSD

On 29-Apr-98 Doug White wisely wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Apr 1998, Rodrigo Ormonde wrote:
>
>>   I'm trying to use the 3Com 3C905 with 100 Mbs on a FreeBSD
>> box, but it doesn't seem to work (the adapter is found, but
>> it works only with 10 Mbs).
>>
>>   Looking at the vx man page, I discovered that it only
>> supports 10 Mbs for 3C590 and 3C595. Is the 3C905 only
>> supported at this speed ?
>>
>>   Which are the 100 Mbs network adapters supported by
>> FreeBSD ?
>
> o Intel EtherExpress PRO/100B.
> o Digital 2114x - based cards (Dayna and others)

 I have been using the 3c905 at 100MB for some time now. They are a pain however
 as they must be set via the dos config util to 10 or 100 MB.
Once you do this, you are fine.

 I have however run into a new version of the 3c905B card that I cannot get to w
ork at all. It is not even recogognized at bootup. They look about the same but
they say "performance" on the main chip and they have a few less parts. Anyone k
now about these?

   Nicole

E-Mail: Nicole <freelist@webweaver.net>