Date:      Thu, 21 Mar 2002 21:17:35 -0600
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@supernews.net>
To:        <freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Call for packages

All,

Thanks to jake, tmm, et al, it appears that we now have a very solid basis
of a sparc64 ports.  [fx: wild cheers and enthusiasm]

However, a DP1 release just wouldn't be RIGHT without at least a few port
packages to go along with it.

So.. To that end.. Please mail me (ade@) your list of top-20 must-have ports
that you would like to see packages for alongside DP1.  This ABSOLUTELY,
DEFINITIVELY EXCLUDES X11 and anything that depends on it.  Please.  I have
a single-cpu 270MHz U5. With 128MB of RAM. With a 6Gb IDE drive. With a CMD
controller. :)

Entries no later than 0000 CST (0600 GMT) Tuesday, 25th March, giving me
about a week (I think), to collate the entries, and start building and
patching.

Thanks,
    -aDe