Date:      Tue, 26 Apr 2016 19:12:42 +0200
From:      Ben Woods <woodsb02@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-pkgbase@freebsd.org
Subject:   /etc/pkg/FreeBSD.conf being overwritten during pkg upgrade

Hi guys,

I am testing PkgBase and it is working very well - I really like it.

One minor problem I have noticed is that each time I do a "pkg upgrade -r
FreeBSD-base" it is overwriting /etc/pkg/FreeBSD.conf which I have edited
to disable the default repository. My expectation is that configuration
files should have a 3 way merge to maintain my local edits, rather than
overwriting them.

I understand that other /etc/* configuration files are not yet included in
packages as there is an outstanding issue with merging configuration files
during updates. Perhaps this file should be similar?

Regards,
Ben

From: Benjamin Woods
woodsb02@gmail.com