Date:      Wed, 13 May 1998 14:28:11 +1000 (EST)
From:      Justin Giles-Clark <J.GilesClark@dpac.tas.gov.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Device driver problem with 2.2.6 upgrade

G'day All,

        I am attempting to upgrade my 2.2.5 FreeBSD server to 2.2.6 and are
experiencing the following problem:

- Boots from 2.2.6 floppy OK.

- Kernel config and device recognition OK.

- Upgrade option selected, re-disk labelling is OK.

- When it attempts to mount the CD (/dev/matcd0c) to /dist it fails with a
I/O error (5). Vty 1 messages report the following six times then quits:
Illegal data mode for this track while reading block 64.

- From the Virtual Holographic Console I get the same error message when
manually executing mount -t cd9660 /dev/matcd0c /dist but, using the matcd0a
device it mounts OK.

Looking at device driver dates the system has only updated the matcd0c
device driver.

Any ideas???

Regards