Date:      Mon, 18 Dec 2000 01:49:03 -0800
From:      Gregory Sutter <gsutter@daemonnews.org>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        Sergey Babkin <babkin@bellatlantic.net>, David Preece <davep@afterswish.com>, heckfordj@psi-domain.co.uk, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, core@daemonnews.org
Subject:   Re: Writing Device Drivers

On 2000-12-17 22:12 -0700, Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com> wrote:
> Sergey Babkin wrote:
> > David Preece wrote:
> > >
> > > This is turning into a FAQ, but don't worry about it. The usual answer is
> > > to take one of the existing drivers and work out what it does. There's
> >
> > Look at the DaemonNews (www.daemonnews.org), the Blueprints column.
> > If I remember the months correctly, in the July 2000 issues there is
> > an introduction into FreeBSD device drivers by Alexander Langner,
> > and in June and August issues there are my articles on CAM (SCSI)
> > drivers and ISA device drivers respectively. There also were articles
> > on the Netgraph networking subsystem and on writing drivers as modules.
> > I believe that these articles have been turned into sections of the
> > Handbook as well but I'm not sure where exectly in Handbook they are.
>
> It's about time for an article index at DN, isn't it?

Yes.  As soon as any of us can find time to do the work.  We need to
get our ezine into our database.  It involves a bit of scripting, some
searching through email archives, categorization, then the import.
All of it's just text/html now; we weren't very thoughtful at first.

Greg
--
Gregory S. Sutter                                    Fnord.
mailto:gsutter@daemonnews.org