Date:      Wed, 14 Apr 2004 15:02:01 +0200
From:      Vincent Vandalon <v.vandalon@student.tue.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Vim and NFS and ipfilter(strange problem)

hi all,

i discovered what the problem was/is. I just want to post it here,
because i think it is rather strange(and hopefully help other people who
have the same problem). It did not only happen with vim, but with some
other program's also(feh,nview). BTW i forgot to mention this, i use
FreeBSD version 5.1

To find the problem i started with a new ruleset allowing everything on
all devices. I then added the standard dangerous packages options(short,
ipopts), and i noticed that NFS died when i added the "short" option.

I switched back to the original config and commented that one out, and
it worked fine. I only have to guess where the short packages are coming
from :S They shouldn't be there I think.(BTW i have a realtech nic so
maybee...)

Sugestions are welcome,

Cheers