Date:      Tue, 13 May 2003 17:04:09 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Mikael_L=F6nnqvist?= <Mikael.Lonnqvist@qbranch.se>
To:        "Eduardo Viruena Silva" <mrspock@esfm.ipn.mx>, =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sondre_R=F8njom?= <s1465@drone.ii.uib.no>, "collins" <erichey2@attbi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: newbie quest: freeBSD 4.8-rel, running X fails on my laptop w. an ATI Radeon IGP 340M

Thanx guys, the problem is partially fixed,,
(thanks 2 you Sondre, XFree86 -configure...)=20

X and gnome2 is now working, but it is using the "vesa" driver.=20
For some reason i can't get it to work with the radeon driver, whenever =
i try using radeon=20
i'm still getting:

(EE) No devices detected
Fatal server error: no screens found

I've tried the settings from my colleagues identical laptop (including =
all=20
mod-lines) which is working for his Mandrake 9x installation,,
I will investigate further, and post my findings..

Best Regards
Mikael