Date:      Wed, 08 Jul 1998 17:35:50 -0600
From:      ML Duke <mlduke@concentric.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Boot Manager

This is embarrasing. I'm the guy who did the all day conversations
with Netscape/$ms folk and long ago posted the undocumented
"install \ir" trick for a win reinstall without destroying the
boot manager.

The trick _does not_ work after reformatting the disk, so win
wiped out the manager. Can someone point me to documentation on
reinstalling the boot manager without disturbing anything else?

"fdisk" in DOS mode gets to booting the floppy fine, mount points
set fine and then get lost.

If anyone takes the trouble to reply, please make it personal
mail because I'm not currently subscribed. I've gone to newbies
where I obviously belong.

ML Duke