Date:      Sat, 25 Sep 2004 16:13:59 +0200
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@withagen.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-geom@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: building a mirror in a partition

--MSd2ShuMixI0uVaZ

On Sat, Sep 25, 2004 at 04:01:44PM +0200, Willem Jan Withagen wrote:
+> Thanx for the clarification, but more questions rise:
+>=20
+> What two providers are we talking about??
+>    I specifically entered ad0s1h and ad2s1h.....
+>    On the first one it only takes the 'h'partition, but on the second=20
+> on it prefers to take the whole disk.
+>    I fail to see where the exact difference is.

It depends on GEOM which provider it gives me to taste first.
In your scenario, ad2s1 and ad2s1h ends in the same place.

--=20
Pawel Jakub Dawidek                       http://www.FreeBSD.org
pjd@FreeBSD.org                           http://garage.freebsd.pl

--MSd2ShuMixI0uVaZ