Date:      Fri, 21 Jul 2000 22:20:50 +0000
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.org>, committers@FreeBSD.org, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Freeze date passed

[ redirected to -chat ]

On Fri, Jul 21, 2000 at 02:53:56PM +0200, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 21, 2000, Nik Clayton wrote:
> > You are invited to use your imaginations to guess exactly how United
> > Airlines managed this particular cluster-fuck.
>
> There's only one way to fix this:
>
> Frequent Flyer Coupons x 100 ..

Yeah, like I ever want to fly with this UA again.

Guess what.  The 10:10 from Monterey to LA left a good 50 minutes later
than it should have done.  And after rushing to catch the LA flight (with
a couple of minutes to spare) we then sat on the tarmac for another 80
minutes while they put fuel in the plane.

That's eight flights in twelve days, every single one of which was either
delayed in take off, or getting in to the gate after landing.  I'm spending
the next nine hours composing the complaint letter from hell.